What you will need to play:
- Download Steam if you don’t already have it.
- Firearms is a mod, so you’ll need a Source engine game. If you don’t already have one, buy Half-Life 2 Deathmatch for $5.
- You will also need to download Source SDK Base 2007. Get it under Library->Tools in your Steam client.
- Download the Firearms: Source client.
- Download the patches to bring your client current. (Note: 1.0e is a full installer. You only need to patch if you explicitly want 1.0c or 1.0d from 1.0 release.)
Roller Network occasionally sponsors a public Firearms: Source server when other servers are full or on release days when other servers haven’t updated and there’s nowhere to play.
Roller Network Firearms #1 (FF ON) 1.0e, 32 slot, 126.96.36.199:27015
They are located on the U.S. West coast with multihomed connections to Stockton, CA and Anaheim, CA. It should be “internet close” for our friends in the Pacific, too. Both are running with -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600.
Local Mirror Copies:
- Firearms: Source Client 1.0e (1.0f patch)
- Firearms: Source Client 1.0 (1.0c Patch) (1.0d Patch)
- Teamspeak Client 64 bit
- Teamspeak Client 32 bit
HAVE FUN and welcome to Firearms!