Sprint EVO, High Costs
I recently got an EVO from Sprint and wrote a little review about it. Ultimately I decided to return it.
* The EVO is only allowed on your account if you have one of a handful of expensive service plans. You will be forced to change even if it does not benefit the other phones on your account. In my case, it would have made the base charges around $170.
* I average about 250 minutes a talk time per month. Upgrading to some plan with a lot of minutes does not benefit me. I also do not partake in all the social networking shit that’s all the rage right now.
* Paying for unlimited data and text on phones that have SMS blocking and no data capability does not benefit me. (And no, I do not want to upgrade them, they do their intended job perfectly as-is.)
* You’re supposed to pay an extra $10 on top of everything else for each EVO because Sprint has enhanced my experience. Add another $30 per phone if you want to use the hotspot tethering function.
* There is no Sprint 4G in my city. Paying extra for that does not benefit me and I don’t care to subsidize other cities that do.